What is Banner?
Banner is an Oracle™ enterprise database used by McGill University to store all student, employee and financial data. While the database itself is called Banner, there are several user interfaces and systems that access this data:
- Banner INB (Internet Native Banner) - is a web-based interface used by administrative staff to perform the tasks for which they are responsible. It is not used by students or instructors.
- Minerva - a web interface used by students, faculty, and administrative staff, for both self-service and administrative tasks.
- Data Warehouse (DWH) - a snapshot of data from Banner that is refreshed nightly.
- POPS (Payroll One-time Payment System) - a software used to pay casual employees.
- ApplicationXtender - is a desktop and a web application that is used for viewing, scanning and indexing documents and it integrates with Banner.
|For ...||See ...|
|Login and authorization||Login procedures
|Permanent or temporary removal of access/
permissions for Transfer or Termination (TNT)
|Training on Banner|| or call
|How-tos, field descriptions and
videos for using Banner forms
Accessible from the icon in the Banner toolbar.
|Knowledge base articles|| (service description)
|Solutions to Banner INB installation
and usability issues
|Help with Banner access or
|or call 514-398-3398|
|Information on scheduled and
|Service status block of the IT Services website|
|Help with Finance system
|fishelp.acct [at] mbsaf.com (Finance Help Desk) or call 514-398-FINE (3463)
|Help with faculty/departmental policy on Banner or the
correct data to enter
You may also call:
514-398-4747 (HR) or
|Information on document imaging
|or call 514-398-4610|
|Information on Minerva|
|Information on POPS||tab of the HR website. Log into the page and select Tools > POPS Software.|
|Information on Data Warehouse (DWH) and reporting tools|| service description
(includes access for Data Warehouse)